- Robert Beasley Managing Partner
Email: Robert Beasley ›
- Environmental Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
- Land Use
- Cannabis Law and Consulting
- Commercial Real Estate Litigation
- Commercial Real Estate Development
- Copyright Litigation
- Trademark Litigation
- Boundary Disputes
- Probate Litigation
- Condominium Development
- Conservation Easements
- Land Acquisitions
- International Real Estate
- Real Estate Foreclosure
- Real Estate Title Insurance
- Contract Litigation
- Franchise Litigation
- Franchises and Franchising
Since the passage of the Florida Compassionate Medical Cannabis Act of 2014, Robert has been assisting clients navigate the hurdles of obtaining a license and comply with the changing regulatory dynamics of the medical marijuana business.
- University of West Florida, B.S., 1995
- Vermont Law School, J.D., 1998
- 1998, Florida Bar, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit and U.S. Tax Court
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association
- Member, American Inns of Court
- Special Magistrate, Escambia County – 2008 – present.
Notable Jury Verdicts
- Roderic M. Wright v. William L. Amos, – Jury awarded $3,598,501 to Amos against Wright for fraudulent inducement into a company operating agreement.
- Beach Community Bank v. Schweizer & Schweizer Limited Partnership – Jury awarded Defendants $6.2 million dollars due to breach of contract and breach of implied duty of good faith and fair dealing by Beach Community Bank.
- BK Properties II, LLC v. Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund, Inc. -Jury awarded BK Properties II $1,310,000 on its title insurance claim against the insurer, Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund, Inc.
Reported Appellate Cases
- Fuddruckers, Inc. v. Fudpucker’s Inc., 436 F.Supp.2d 1260, (2006)
- Rawson v. UMLIC VP, LLC, 933 So.2d 1206, (2006)
- Skopelos Seafood & Steak Restaurant, Inc. v. Estate of Silivos, 969 So.2d 462 (2007)
- Sims v. Meredith, 967 So.2d 393, (2007)
- Thomas Home Corp. v. Reve Development Corp., 280 Fed.Appx. 834 (11th Cir. 2008)
- Skopelos Seafood & Steak Restaurant, Inc. v. Estate of Silivos, 17 So.3rd 834 (2009)
- Boone v. Pelican Real Estate & Development Company, Inc., et al; 13 So.3rd 528 (2009)
- Rennekamp v. Abdullah, 26 So.3rd 585, (2010)
- EOS Transport Inc. v. Agri-Source Fuels LLC, 37 So.3rd 349 (2010)
- Advent Oil & Operating, Inc. v. S&E Enterprises, LLC, 48 So.3rd 70 (2010)
- O’Brien v. McMahon, 44 So.3rd 1273 (2010)
- The Michael Titze Co. v. Simon Property Group, Inc., 400 Fed.Appx 455 (11th Cir. 2010)
- Carter v. Environmental Sec. of Okaloosa, Inc., 61 So.3rd 1115 (2011)
- Faulkner v. Faulkner, —So.3rd— (2011).
- Sandshaker Lounge & Package Store LLC v. Quietwater Entertainment Inc., 602 Fed.Appx 784 (11th Cir. 2015).
- Roderic M. Wright v. William L. Amos, 2016 WL 5171996 (11th Cir. 2016).
- FDIC v. Amos, 2015 WL 12425992 (11th Cir. 2015).
- Scrap Inc. v. Mullins, 226 So.3d 821 (1st DCA 2017).